Zucchini Brownies (Paleo, Low Carb, Keto)
I know I know, yet another brownie recipe. Like there isn’t a trillion of them on Pinterest already. But. Who doesn’t like brownies. Am I right? And who doesn’t like simple recipes? If you think yes, she has a point, you should definitely try these Zucchini Brownies (Paleo, Low Carb, Keto). As promised, they are easy to make, pretty healthy as there is absolutely no sugar or flour, yet they’re tasty and dense as a good brownie should be. Unless you are the fluffy brownie kind of person. Then you might not like it as much. Or maybe you’ll convert after you try it 😉
This recipe is actually quite high in protein as there are a few eggs in the brownie mix. So one little piece can definitely make you feel satisfied and sated. Because – don’t forget, dessert is still a dessert even if it’s Paleo or Keto and therefore should be enjoyed infrequently.
But what would life be without it, right?
- 1 small zucchini
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- ½ tsp guar gum (or xanthan gum)
- Sweetener of choice (I used about 2 tbsp Natvia)
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 50 g dark chocolate
- Optional - ¾ cup frozen raspberries for the top
- Prepare a double boiler to melt the chocolate - place a small bowl over a pot with hot water and place it over low heat. Break the chocolate in the bowl and add the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil. Melt together, using a small whisk. Let the mixture cool down a little bit.
- Chop the zucchini into small chunks.
- Crack the eggs into a blender. Add the zucchini pieces, cocoa, sweetener, vanilla and guar gum and blend everything together.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl. Add in the melted chocolate, almond flour and coconut flour and whisk everything together by hand.
- Pour the brownie mixture into a small lined or greased baking dish.
- Spread the frozen raspberries over the top of the brownie and press them into the mixture slightly.
- Place the baking dish into the preheated oven on 170 °C and bake for 50 minutes.
- Take the brownies out of the oven and let them cool completely before serving.