Watermelon And Feta Salad
I know I’ve already said this several times, but I used to hate salads. I found them boring. Unpalatable. Bland. Well, that’s because I thought salad is chopped cucumber, tomato and capsicum or a bowl of lettuce. Of course that’s boring. But then I realised that you can basically put anything into a salad. Build it up. Combine the veggies with protein and add different textures. Heck, you can even combine veggies and fruits together. This realisation forever changed my life 🙂 Now you can see me to chomp on salads nearly on the daily in the hot months. And this one with watermelon is just perfect for the current warm weather. It’s refreshing, yet so savoury thanks to the salty feta cheese. Amazing side dish to the summer barbecue.
- ¼ watermelon
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 2 cups of rocket
- ½ red onion
- 100g Greek feta cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and fresh pepper
- Cut the watermelon into cubes or small wedges.
- Cut the feta cheese into small cubes.
- Slice the onion thinly.
- For the dressing add all the ingredients into a small glass jar with a lid. Close the jar and shake it thoroughly for 20 seconds.
- Layer the salad into a bowl and pour the dressing over. If you have any dressing leftover, store it in the jar in a fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serve the salad with your favourite barbecue dishes.