Super Easy Leek And Sweet Potato Soup
It looks like winter might be finally coming to Brisbane. After a long time we woke up to a cold and rainy day today. Well, the temperatures are still similar to an average summer in Czech Republic, so it’s not that bad. And not that I like it, but I guess we need the rain every now and then. And finally the cooler weather is a good excuse for me to cook more soups. So I’m gonna start the winter season with this Super Easy Leek And Sweet Potato Soup.
There is not much else to say about this soup. I made it during the Whole30 and shortly decided that it’s going to be a staple in our diet. Not only because I’m a huge advocate of eating soups in general (soup heals the soul, you know). But also because this one is just idiot-proof easy, ready in few minutes but still healthy, full of nutrients, filling and most importantly very tasty. Top it with some extra veggies or a bacon crumble, have a crispy bread on the side, make it a full meal in no time. Simply perfect for a busy day lunch or dinner.
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking
- Small leek, cleaned and diced
- Medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1l chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Place a small pot over high heat. Pour the oil in and let it heat. Add the leeks and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Once the leeks go soft and change colour to golden brown, add the potato and fry for 1 more minute.
- Pour in the stock, add salt and pepper and boil on lower heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour the soup in a blender or use a stick one and blend everything until smooth.
- Serve the soup with your favourite toppings. On the picture are extra fresh leeks, alfalfa sprouts and a good splash of Ranchero Salsa. But it goes great with grilled veggies, croutons or bacon crumbs as well.
Check my other soup recipes here.