Sleepy Peppermint Chocolates (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan)
If you love the combination of chocolate and peppermint you need to try these Sleepy Peppermint Chocolates (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan). But why sleepy? Well, it really reminds me of the chocolate called “After Eight” our grandma used to give us and it’s meant to be enjoyed after dinner. And I think that my version is really the perfect after dinner treat that sets you up for an amazing beauty sleep. The combination of magnesium (from the raw cacao), reishi mushroom and peppermint oil in the Sleepy Peppermint Chocolates (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan) is great for relaxation, overall well-being and lowering our stress levels. Getting the chill vibes while eating chocolate? I’m here for that.
And of course I’m here for the little reminder of my childhood. Do you remember the After Eight chocolates? In the dark coloured single paper wraps and their creamy peppermint center. I’m not sure if they still sell them?
I remember my grandma would have a little stash in her bedroom and we once found the secret spot and had quite a few. But luckily not too many, so I still love the flavour combination of cooling mint and rich chocolate. And if you do too and would like to get a healthier version a go, try these Sleepy Peppermint Chocolates (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan), you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- Sweetener of choice (I used stevia and erythritol blend)
- 1 tbsp pure reishi mushroom powder
- 1-2 drops of food grade peppermint oil (make sure you’re using a safe oil and maybe start with one drop, because they are very strong and you can always add more)
- Place the cashews in a blender and pulse blend it until crumbly.
- Then warm up the coconut oil, so it’s liquid (but not hot) and mix it with the cashews.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a chocolate mould and place it in the fridge.
- Let it set for 2 hours and enjoy.
- Also I recommend storing the chocolates in the freezer, so it’s harder to eat them all at once 🙂