Savoury Sweet Potato Pancakes
This week I’m trying a recipe from a fellow healthy food blogger from the Czech Republic, Anna, who’s the creator of a beautiful Paleo blog called Recepty Pro Zivot (which in English means recipes for life) and a digital friend of mine. Thanks to the fact that we live on opposite ends of the world we haven’t met in person, however we instantly connected when we found each other thanks to social media. Anna has a very similar story to mine and loves to cook amazing meals from whole and healthy ingredients. And I believe that you will love these Savoury Sweet Potato Pancakes as much as I do. They are a perfect side to basically any meal, but I think they would go especially well with my Moroccan Lamb Shanks or Slow Cooked Beef Stew. Or you can make them the star of the show and top them for example with Guacamole or scrambled eggs for a breaky version.
You can find the original recipe on Anna’s blog receptyprozivot.cz It’s written in Czech, but in the age of modern technology it’s extremely easy to translate. There are two options for cooking – frying the pancakes in a pan or baking them in the oven. I chose the second option, purely because I’m not patient enough to wait for things to fry. But the oven baked pancakes turned out an absolute treat.
- 1-2 sweet potatoes (about 400-500g), peeled and grated coarsely
- ¼ cup almond meal (I used a little bit more because I used extra large eggs)
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tsp marjoram
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the coarsely grated sweet potato with all the other ingredients.
- Make little pancakes out of the mixture, using your hands. Place the pancakes on a lined baking tray.
- Place the tray into a preheated oven at 200 C and bake the pancakes for 15 minutes. Then turn the pancakes and bake them for 10 more minutes.
- Serve as a side dish or as a main meal with condiments.