Red Curry With Chicken (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb)
Red curry is a super simple meal, originating in Thailand and it’s just so incredibly good. Just a little spoon and I’m mentally back in the busy streets of Thailand, enjoying the food on a small street stool and watching the everyday life. Gosh, I really hope travelling will be a thing soon again… Anyway, in the meanwhile, I can at least make my version of Red Curry With Chicken (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb) at home and enjoy these memories.
This curry uses a homemade Thai red curry paste I shared recently, but if you find yourself in a time restrain, you can definitely use the store bought version. However, I highly recommend checking the ingredients on the jar, as many curry pastes are full of unnecessary stuff, such as MSG, bad oils, too much sugar etc.
Serve the Red Curry With Chicken for example with Cauliflower Rice.
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 tbsp homemade Thai red curry paste (or 3 tbsp store bought) + 2 tbsp to marinate the chicken breasts in
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup chicken (or any) stock or water
- Ca 1 tbsp coconut oil for cooking
- 2 carrots, cleaned and cut into cubes
- 1 sweet potato, cleaned and cut into cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into cubes
- 1 cup of green beans, chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Optional - 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh chilli
- Clean the chicken breast and cut it into cubes. Mix the chicken with 2 tbsp of the red curry paste and put it in a fridge. Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours or even overnight.
- Place a pot over high heat. Add the coconut oil and let it warm up. Once the oil is heated add the onion and red curry paste (homemade or store bought). Lower the heat and fry the onion with the curry paste for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the chicken and brown it from all sides, stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the stock or water and coconut cream. Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add the sweet potato and carrot and cook for 20 more minutes.
- Then add the fish sauce, green beans and zucchini and cook for extra 10 minutes (or until the vegetables are soft).
- At the end stir in the peanut butter.
- Serve for example with Cauliflower Rice and top with fresh coriander and chilli.