Pumpkin Cocoa Pudding (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan)
With Halloween around the corner it’s all about pumpkin lately. And even though I’m not always following the mainstream, this time I don’t want to miss the wagon, because pumpkin is actually my favourite vegetable. It’s so versatile. You can have it just roasted as a perfect side to your meats, pureed for extra fanciness or use it in desserts for a perfect texture and natural sweetness. So here is my recipe for super easy Pumpkin Cocoa Pudding (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan).
As you can see from the title, the recipe is suitable even for vegans as I used chia seeds to thicken the pudding, instead of the usual eggs or gelatin. The recipe also uses a little bit of chilli for some extra flavour, however feel free to leave it out if you are not the biggest fan or if it’s for small children. Serve with your favourite fruit or for example with Homemade Coconut Yoghurt (and maybe some dark chocolate chips) and enjoy.
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seed flour
- ⅓ cinnamon powder
- ⅓ tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- Start with cooking the pumpkin. I don't like wasting time, so I usually batch cook at least half of pumpkin cut into pieces and then use it for different dishes. My favourite way is roasting it in the oven with slight splash of olive oil.
- Place a small pot over medium heat. Add the cooked pumpkin and coconut cream. Bring it to boil and lower the heat.
- Add the spices and cocoa and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour the mix in a blender and add the chia seed flour. Blend everything until smooth.
- Pour the pudding into glasses or bowls and place them in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with your favourite fruit, coconut yoghurt, whipped cream etc.