Chocolate Pudding (Paleo, Sugar Free)
I already said it here several times, but I just can’t stress enough about how my relationship with food changed over last few months. And how impressed I am by that. Mostly that I’m grateful to the Whole30 for this change. Yeah, I think I just need to say it few more times. But it’s funny because during the program I didn’t feel like there is a difference. I felt like I was already eating healthy before that anyway. Yet now, six months after, I wouldn’t even look at some things I used to eat before.
For example certain protein powders, which I used in the past. But I since found that there are other easy ways how to get protein in your diet, even if you don’t want to use a protein powder or don’t feel like meat or eggs in their savoury form. Like with this delicious Chocolate Pudding (Paleo, Sugar Free).
- 2 cups almond milk
- 10 egg yolks
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 6 tsp raw cocoa powder
- 2 tsp maca powder
- Sweetener of choice
- Vanilla or orange extract for different flavours
- Mix the almond milk with vanilla/orange extract (optional) in a small pot. Place it over medium heat and heat the milk up just below the boiling point.
- Whisk in the egg yolks gently and keep stirring for 5 minutes on medium heat. If the milk starts boiling even during the stirring, lower the heat. Just not stop stirring or you'll end up with scrambled eggs
- Pour the custard into a blender and add the bananas, cocoa and maca powder and blend on a low speed until smooth.
- If you don't find the pudding sweet enough, add a sweetener of choice (Stevia, maple syrup etc.) and blend a little bit longer.
- Pour the pudding into 4 bowls and place them in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with your favourite fruit as a dessert or as foundation for your breakfast bowl (for example Chocolate Protein Smoothie Bowl).