Loaded Sweet Potato Fries (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan Option)
Yay, it’s Friday! I know, it’s probably different for many of you at the moment with all the restrictions going on, probably working from home… But still, isn’t Friday a good day to have some fun and treat ourselves a little? And who says that you have to go out to do that? Guess what, you don’t need to order expensive takeaway either. You can still have a great Friday night at home. And stay pretty healthy too. I think that’s a win. So make yourself a nice drink (alcoholic or not, I’m not judging) and these Loaded Sweet Potato Fries (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan Option), organise a Zoom trivia with your friends and have some fun.
- 2 portions of sweet potato fries (I actually used store-bought fries for oven, but you can make them at home)
- 2 cups of button mushrooms, halved
- Green onions, chopped
- Cashew Cream Cheese
- ½ avocado, cut into slices
- Bacon bits (skip if making vegan option)
- Chives, chopped
- Make the sweet potato fries as per instructions or cut up sweet potato, place it on lined baking tray, sprinkle with salt and place in preheated oven on 200 C for 25-30 minutes.
- Fry the bacon for about 5 minutes in a frying pan over medium heat on a teaspoon of cooking oil.
- Then use the leftover bacon fat to fry the mushrooms until golden brown.
- Top the fries with the fried mushrooms, cashew cheese, avocado, fried bacon, fresh green onions and chives.