Loaded Meatloaf (Primal, Low Carb, Keto)
So I’ve just created the best meatloaf ever. Da Best! At least the best one I’ve ever had. Well, I had a feeling that combining cheddar, bacon and jalapeno can’t go wrong. But it ended up even better than I could ever imagine. I could just keep eating this thing. It’s so juicy with so many flavours, it almost feels like I’m cheating on the healthy lifestyle with a huge badass cheeseburger. Well, I do every now and then but at home I try to eat as healthy as possible. Because I still believe that the balance is pretty important too. Anyway, if you are looking for an easy recipe for the busy week days, this is it. You can make one big meatloaf and enjoy it for several days, just switching the sides. At least that’s what works for me.
- 500g pork mince
- 500g kangaroo mince (or beef)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp sumac powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup pickled jalapeno, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 100g bacon
- 200g cheddar, cut in small cubes
- Oil for cooking
- Place a small pan over a medium heat, pour a tablespoon of oil in and let it heat. Put the onion in the pan and caramelise it for about 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place the meat in a big bowl, add the caramelised onion, diced jalapeno, coriander, sumac and garlic powder, yellow mustard, egg, salt and pepper and mix everything properly with your hands.
- Add the cheddar cheese in the bowl and mix it slightly in the meat.
- Line your baking dish with the streaks of bacon, trying to cover all the sides. Place the meat mixture in the dish and put in in the preheated oven on 180 °C for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes take the meatloaf out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before flipping it carefully out of the baking dish onto a baking tray.
- Place the baking tray in the oven for extra 10 minutes to crisp the bacon which is wrapping the meatloaf.
- Serve with your favourite veggies.
Look for more quick recipes here.