Coconut Granola (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan)
Guess who’s back! After several weeks of unsuccessfully trying to migrate my blog and not being able to access it, I’m finally back to normal. It was such a pain, but I guess what’s not meant to be is not meant to be. The important thing is that everything works again and I can share recipes with you!
And since it’s getting seriously hot here in Australia, I will start with this Coconut Granola (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan). Because with the hotter weather even this savoury-breakfast-loving girl craves sweet breakkies more often. I guess I’m switching things for coconut yoghurt and smoothie bowls, because of their cooling effect. But of course that doesn’t mean that you can’t have granola, if your country goes to winter. It’s good at any time 🙂
As usual this recipe is completely sugar free, unlike store bought granola and cereals which are basically made of sugar. Instead, my Coconut Granola (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan) is full of healthy fats and natural fibre, so when combined with a yoghurt or a smoothie bowl etc. (preferably with some protein), it should leave you sated and not spike up your blood sugar to the roof.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pepitas
- ½ cup flaxseed
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup dried black currants
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Sweetener of choice (I used 1 tsp of erythritol, but for example maple syrup would be great)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray and place into preheated oven on 150 °C.
- Bake for ca 20 minutes, flipping the granola once or twice.
- Store in a airtight container in a fridge.
- Serve for example with coconut yoghurt and berries or as a smoothie bowl topping.