Chocolate Cashew Bliss Balls (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan)
Who doesn’t love bliss balls (protein balls, energy bites, you-name-it)? They are the perfect little snack to accommodate your afternoon coffee, to grab when you need to satisfy that sweet craving or simply provide you with little bit of extra energy when needed.
However, most of the bliss balls you get in cafes and shops are just jampacked with sugar and often other unnecessary ingredients too. To be clear, I’m not following a keto lifestyle or saying that all carbs are bad for us. But I do agree with the claim that we eat many more carbs than we need to. And it’s actually super easy to overdo it even with the healthy treats. Because most of them are based on dates or other dried fruits which are super high in carbs and will most likely leave you even hungrier than before. That’s why it’s always good to read labels. Or even better – make the goodies at home. Because there can’t be any easier treat to make at home than bliss balls. Try my Chocolate Cashew Bliss Balls (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan) and see it for yourself 🙂
- ⅔ cup cashews
- ½ cup lsa mix
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Good quality vanilla extract/essence
- Optional - sweetener of choice (if you really really need that sweetness, but most vanilla extracts have sugar or stevia or some kind of sweetener and the coconut oil and cashews are already naturally sweet, so I don't think there is a need to add any)
- Place the cashews in a blender and pulse several times to blend them into crumb size.
- Add all the other ingredients and pulse couple more times to blend everything together into a sticky mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and work it with your hands, mixing everything properly.
- With your hands create small balls. You can roll them in cacao, extra crushed cashews etc. to make them look a little bit more fancy or just leave it as they are.
- Store the bliss balls in an airtight container in a fridge for up to 7 days (if they'll ever make it that long).
Looking for more inspiration for small simple treats? Check my other “bliss balls” recipes below
Coconut Snowballs (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan) My favourite, they taste like healthy version of Raffaello