Carrot Cake Smoothie (Paleo, Sugar-Free)
Guess who’s still continuing with the carrot cake theme? This is the third recipe inspired by carrot cake flavour and I’m actually not even finished yet. But that’s just me getting ahead of myself. Today I would like to share a recipe for a Carrot Cake Smoothie (Paleo, Sugar-Free) with you. I made it last week for the first time just to see if it’s a combination that could work. And I think it really does. I’ve had it several times since then and I still really dig the flavour. Mind you, I’m also known for putting more veggies into my smoothies than fruit, but still, I think it’s delicious. If you’re also not huge on the fruit packed smoothies, but would rather enjoy something more nourishing and packed with slow releasing energy or if you are just adventurous and want to try something new and different, this recipe is right for you 🙂
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 cup of water
- ⅓ to ½ tsp cinnamon powder (I love cinnamon, so I used ½ tsp, but it might be a lot for some)
- Pinch of allspice, ginger, cloves and cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp Maca powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein (I used Noway collagen protein)
- ½ frozen banana OR if you'd like to keep the smoothie low carb ½ cup frozen cauliflower (or simply add both for nice creamy and thick consistency and extra nutrients)
- And to make your smoothie thicker add either ¼ cup of oats or 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend together.
- Leave the smoothie "rest" in a fridge for ca 15 minutes, so all the ingredients can soak up the liquids, and then blend again until smooth and enjoy.