Carrot Cake Pancakes (Paleo, Sugar-Free)
Ok, I promise that this is the last recipe from my little Carrot Cake saga. But I couldn’t help myself. Because we all know banana pancakes, right? They are an awesome staple in many households, easy and delicious breakfast. And I thought how about their Easter version? Something that you could whip up during the long Easter weekend and have as a nice treat for breakky? And that’s how I came up with the idea of Carrot Cake Pancakes (Paleo, Sugar-Free). Instead of icing I topped them up with natural coconut yoghurt (check this if you’d like to make a homemade version), sugar free maple syrup and roasted pecans. 15 minutes all up and voila, special festive breakfast is on the table.
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely grated (1 cup)
- ½ banana
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of allspice, cloves, cardamom and nutmeg powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil for cooking
- Put all the ingredients except the coconut flour and coconut oil into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the coconut flour. Whisk everything together.
- Let the mixture rest for about 5 minutes. The coconut flour will soak up the liquids and the batter will get thicker.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tsp coconut oil into the pan and let it heat up. Then scoop out the batter into the pan, creating a few small pancakes or 1 large one.
- Lower the heat and fry the pancakes slowly from 1 side for 5 minutes.
- Then flip the pancakes and fry for another 5 minutes on the other side.
- Serve for example with coconut yoghurt, sugar free maple syrup and roasted pecans.