Carrot Cake Cookies (Paleo, Low Carb)
I know this is not exactly the most classic Easter recipe ever (like the Hot Cross Buns or Carrot Cake I shared earlier). But it’s definitely Easter inspired. And super easy. Which might be handy when you are in a need of snack during the holidays and don’t really want to rely on the empty calories from all the chocolate eggs. I mean, indulging with a bit of chocolate is not that bad. I’m definitely going to have some. But in case you like to munch on something healthier as well, these Carrot Cake Cookies (Paleo, Low Carb) are undoubtedly a good choice.
There is a serve of veggies (obviously) in those cookies, but they are also full of healthy fats from coconut and sunflower seeds and protein from hemp flour and eggs. It’s a combination which not only satisfies the cravings, but also calms the hunger in a need of quick snack. And if you’d like to elevate these from a simple snack to a decadent dessert, pair them with your favourite ice cream and make some rocking ice cream sandwiches.
- 2 carrots (250g), finely shredded
- ½ cup lsa mix
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup hemp flour
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ⅓ tsp nutmeg
- ⅓ tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp Naked Paleo Beetroot Cacao Mylk Infusion
- Sweetener of choice
- Put the sunflower seeds in a blender and pulse it few times to chop them slightly into coarse bits. Then transfer them in a bowl.
- Crack the eggs in a same blender and add the spices and sweetener. Blend everything together for ca 15 seconds.
- Place the grated carrots in the bowl with the sunflower seeds, add the coconut, lsa mix and hemp flour and mix everything together.
- Pour in the egg mixture and mix everything properly with spatula.
- Using your hands shape cookies out of the batter, first making small balls and then squashing them in your palms.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking tray and place it into the oven preheated on 170 C. Bake for ca 45 minutes, flipping the cookies half time.