Carrot Cake Bliss Balls (Paleo, Low Carb)
I’ve finally got sucked into all the Easter treats making (and eating). But considering that in Australia there are certain Easter treats displayed in shops just days after Christmas (what is it with Aussies and hot cross buns anyway?), I think I have resisted for long enough. So, here is my first contribution to this year’s Easter treats madness. Simple yet delicious Carrot Cake Bliss Balls (Paleo, Low Carb). Because I love carrot cake and I love bliss balls. I think the first one doesn’t need explanation, carrot cake is one of the best sweets out there (and please don’t tell me if you don’t agree, because we couldn’t be friends, hehe). And bliss balls are great because they are a super easy snack to make during the week and handy to have if you have a busy schedule or need a little something with your coffee. So I’ve combined these two together and the result is certainly worth to share 🙂
- 2 carrots, finely grated (ca 1 cup)
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut + a little bit extra for coating
- 2 scoops of vanilla collagen protein or 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein (feel free to leave out, but in that case I would recommend adding a little bit of vanilla and possibly more almond meal)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamom
- Pinch of allspice
- Optional - granulated sweetener of choice/couple of dates (I haven’t used any sweetener whatsoever, but if you have a sweet tooth, feel free to make the bliss balls a bit sweeter)
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Then make small balls out of the mixture and roll them in extra desiccated coconut.
- Place them in the fridge and let them cool for at least 1 hour.
- Enjoy ☺️