Best Ever Guacamole (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb)
I know, Guacamole is not exactly Breaking News. But we all know it’s delicious (except those funny people who don’t eat avocado…). And the avo season is finally here, so I can buy beautiful ripe avocados without ruining my bank account. And that just makes me happy. So of course I have to share my favourite avocado recipe with you, which is nothing else than the Best Ever Guacamole (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb). And in my opinion it’s handy to have the recipe here together with all the other staples (like the Beef Burrito Bowl) when planning a Mexican night, don’t you think? So you don’t need to look anywhere else 🙂
In my opinion it doesn’t even have to be Mexican, because I think Guacamole goes with many many meals. Especially if you’re doing the Whole30, you might be looking for something to make the dishes a little bit more interesting. Well, look no more. Guacamole is smooth and creamy, but zesty and fresh at the same time. And it’s the perfect way to get your Omega 3 and other amazing nutrients such as magnesium, potassium or B vitamins. And it’s absolutely Whole30 friendly unlike many store bought sauces and dips.
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ small red onion
- 1 small tomato
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 1½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in halves. Take out the stone and then slice the inside of the avocado into little squares. Spoon the flesh out into a bowl and mash it with a fork until chunky.
- Mix in the lemon juice, salt and pepper, cumin and garlic powder.
- Chop up the red onion as finely as you can.
- Cut the tomato into small cubes.
- Chop the fresh coriander.
- Then mix the diced onion, tomato and coriander into the avocado.
- The best is to serve the guacamole immediately after it's made, because it taste the best when fresh. The longer you have it sitting in the fridge, the more watery it will get and the beautiful green colour will turn into brown.
- Serve it for example with the Beef Burrito Bowl.