Baked Kale Chips (Paleo, Low Carb, Keto)
You already know that not all snacks are equal. Especially the store bought ones. There are some real nasties hidden in the ingredients sometimes. And unfortunately even something that has the word “healthy” on the package can be pretty bad for our health. And usually pretty expensive too, just because of the “healthy” label. But don’t worry, these Baked Kale Chips (Paleo, Low Carb, Keto) truly are healthy and you don’t have to break in to your piggy bank just to satisfy the craving for a good crunch.
- 1 bunch of kale
- Oil in a spray
- Herbal salt (I love Herbamare) or normal salt and seasoning to taste
- Wash the kale under running water and then shake all the excess water off. If you're using a salad spinner to shake the water off, take the stems off and cut the leaves first, otherwise just shake it with your hand.
- Cut the stems off and cut the kale leaves into smaller pieces.
- Place the chopped kale into a large bowl and pray it lightly with oil and sprinkle the herbal salt on. Shake the kale in the bowl, so it's evenly covered with oil and salt.
- Transfer the kale onto a lined baking tray and place it into preheated oven on 180 C.
- Bake for 4 minutes, then shake the kale on the tray, so it's baked evenly and bake for extra 3-4 minutes.
- The kale should be still fairly green, but crispy, when you take it out of the oven. If it's soggy, bake it for a little bit longer.
- Enjoy 🙂